21 April 2012

Pubs: The Spotted Dog

28 March 2012 -  The Spotted Dog, Dorking, Surrey


flare-iphoto-export-356646114

I visited The Spotted Dog in Dorking on a Wednesday afternoon for lunch with an American expat friend.  This was my first trip into Dorking and I found the town to be very quaint and charming.  We sat out on the back patio to enjoy the unseasonably warm weather (70 F!).  I had a bacon, brie, and cranberry baguette and a pint of Kronenbourg 1664.  Both were delightful.  The pub was moderately busy at lunchtime, and, as per usual, when we started up our conversation in our American accents we got a few curious looks from the locals, but nothing too bad.

flare-iphoto-export-356645256

The pub has tables out in a beer garden area that seems lovely.  I'll definitely be back when the warm weather returns!

No comments:

Post a Comment